For nearly 30 years, teams of co-workers, families, friends and individuals have joined together in Wascana Park for the Regina Humane Society (RHS) Dog Jog, a critical pledge walk celebrating the meaning and joy pets bring to our lives while raising much needed funds for Regina’s pets in need.
Recognizing the increasingly important role pets play in our quality of life, the time has come for the Dog Jog to evolve. On June 15, 2019, Pets in the Park presented by K-Lane Kennels will be launched as Regina’s leading event for animal lovers. Wascana Park will be filled with pet and family-friendly activity centres, entertainment, pet wellness services, educational displays, vendor booths, food venues and an all new Wag‘n’Walk-a-thon in support of the Society’s programs serving pets and people in our community.
Sign up as an individual or collect your co-workers and friends to register a Wag'n'Walk-a-thon team. All donations from the Wag'n'Walk-a-thon will provide care to the over 4,000 animals who rely on the Regina Humane Society for a second chance each year.
Wascana Park, Queen Elizabeth Lawn East (located across from the Legislative Building and to the right of the Queen Elizabeth statue when facing downtown Regina)
12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Pet Wellness, Pet Photobooth, Vendor Village, Food Trucks, Canine Competitions, and Entertainment.
1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Wag'n'Walk-a-thon (Check-in begins at 12:00 p.m.)
*Walk-up registration fee: $25 per participant / $50 per family.
It’s time to show-off some of your pet’s best moves! During the Wag'n'Walk-a-thon on Saturday, June 15, we have entertaining contests for your pups to participate in.
The Best Dressed Contest
Do you have a trend-setting, fashion-savvy canine companion? Well, this is the contest for them! Dress your four-legged friend in fun costumes and accessories. Bonus points for getting the whole team involved and wearing matching outfits!
The Best Pet Trick Contest
Do you have a pup who loves to perform? The Wag'n'Walk-a-thon stage is the perfect place to show-off your pup’s repertoire of fun dog tricks. Whether is a high-five, shake-a-paw or a spin, we’d love to see your pet’s best tricks!
How to Enter the Competitions: Sign-up for the Canine Competitions at the Wag'n'Walk-a-thon check-in table when you arrive with your pledges. The emcees will announce the start of the contests after the walk, at 2:00 p.m.
Prizes: By participating, you have the chance to win a PAWsome prize package!
Pets in the Park Guidelines:
Pets in the Park is a family fun event. Guidelines ensure safety for two and four-legged guests.
- All dogs must be on-leash at all times, well-socialized and physically able.
- Pinch and Choke collars are strongly discouraged.
- Due to the large volume of participants please refrain from using a retractable leash.
- All dogs must be licensed, up-to-date on vaccinations and compliant with City of Regina Bylaws.
- Pets and participants (aged 12 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants must remain on the marked route and comply with all area regulations.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dogs.
- Regina Humane Society reserves the right to withdraw animals that present health or safety hazards to themselves or others.
- Doggy water will be available "community style".
- All individual participants and groups must be registered to join the Wag'n'Walk-a-thon.
- The Regina Humane Society reserves the right to ask people to withdraw dogs which present a safety hazard to themselves or others.